Your Family and Your Holiday Guests Deserve the Best… Air Quality!
The holidays are here! Well… just about. And you know what that means – food and drinks to enjoy, laughter to be shared and guests to accommodate! As much as you enjoy having family and friends in your home it can also be very stressful to host a crowd. Every host or hostess always wants everything to be just perfect. One thing that is really important around this time of year is to make sure that the quality of your indoor air is great so you don’t have to worry about allergies, colds, sore throats or any other unwanted annoyances that can come from poor air quality. As your local leading HVAC contractor in the Reading, PA area, The Plumbing Works wants to give you some tips so you can make sure that the air you breathe in your home doesn’t have a bad effect on your holiday fun this season!
Need a plumbing repair? Get $25 off a completed service call!
*Click Here to print your Coupon*
Did you know that the air in your home can be more polluted than the air outside? Take a minute to check out some ways that you can improve the air quality in your home:
– Have your central heating system (or cooling system if relevant) inspected. Whether your heat comes from a gas furnace, electric furnace, boiler or even from a chimney, a heating tune up or inspection can help you make sure that your HVAC system is functioning properly, working at its maximum efficiency and is clean!
– Try to keep the use of indoor unvented kerosene appliances and gas space heaters, gas stoves, wood stoves and fireplaces. Fireplaces are great at setting a relaxing mood and we know that when there are guests there is food so it is nearly impossible not to use your stove, but be conscious to turn it off when it is not needed. These types of things can have a negative impact on your air quality when used in excess.
– Consider installing exhaust fans in your kitchens and bathrooms that lead to the outdoors. That way, whatever is in the air in your home will exit and not recirculate over and over again.
*Do you need a new heating system? Click Here to see our Special Offer!*
– Monitor your humidity levels to make breathing easier. Put a dehumidifier in your basement to keep humidity levels between 30 and 50%. Or make sure to ventilate your attic or any crawl spaces you may have in your home. Doing this will prevent moisture build-up.
– Replace your air filters! When it comes to your heating and cooling systems, your air filter should be changed every three months. Things like dust, dirt and dander collect on these filters and can prevent a clean flow of air and can often send these indoor pollutants directly out to you.
– Look into air quality systems. Air filtration systems are affordable and are more than just a quick fix. Not only can having an air filter system help you out for the holidays but it will continue to enhance your comfort for years to come! They need minimal maintenance and make a huge difference when it comes to air quality. At The Plumbing Works, we specialize in air filtration!
What are people saying about us? Click Here to find out!
– Just because it’s chilly doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use your ceiling fan. Keeping your ceiling fans on low from time to time can keep your air circulating, which is a plus.
– It may be cold but… open your windows! Even if just a crack, airing out your home is a great way to get rid of indoor pollutants and to get fresh, healthy air circulating inside. It is even a great way to cool the hot kitchen down when you’re cooking Thanksgiving dinner so it can help you in more ways than one!
These are just some of the things that you can do to improve your indoor air quality this holiday season. And as you’ll notice, they are simple, cheap and effective! At The Plumbing Works, one of our main goals as a Reading, PA HVAC service company is to improve your home comfort all year round, holidays or not. This time of year your home will get much more traffic than usual so stay on top of your game! Do things to improve the quality of your indoor air and if you are interested in learning more about air quality systems or air filters, our HVAC technicians perform air filter installations and can find the perfect system for you!
To learn more about our HVAC services, contact us today!